09.1992 – 05.1995: High school Industrial Viet Tri, Viet Tri City, Pho Tho Province
10.1995 – 06.2000: Student at Hanoi University of Technology (HUT), Faculty for Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation Dept., Hai Ba Trung Dist., Hanoi.
10.2000 – 12.2002: Master of Science Student at Hanoi University of Technology (HUT), Faculty for Electrical Engineering, Hai Ba Trung Dist., Hanoi.
01.2002 – 04.2002: Advance training scholarship on DCS engineering, Yokogawa Australia, Sydney, Australia.
06.2003 – 06.2008: PhD Student at Dresden University of Technology, Faculty for Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics Department.
Fields of study: Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics
Intended degree: Doctor of Electrical Engineering
2. Other Information
- YOKOGAWA certificate of Advance DCS training.
- DAAD – Germany certificate of Management of Financial Resources
- DAAD – Germany certificate of Project Management
- DAAD – Germany ECTS certificate of Human Resource Management
- Arizona State University certificate of Instructional Innovation Workshop – ABET Standard
|06.2000 – 04.2003||Researcher at Key-Laboratory for Automation, Hanoi University of Technology, Ha Noi, Viet Nam.|
|04.2001 – 06.2001||Trainer of DCS engineering course for Bai Bang Paper-Mill, Phu Tho, Viet Nam.|
|01.2003 – 03.2003||Trainer of DCS engineering course for Uong Bi Thermal Power Plant, Uong Bi, Quang Ninh, Viet Nam.|
|06.2003 – 05.2006||Researcher of project ”Lokale Innovative Energiesysteme – Local Innovative Energy Systems – LIES” supported by the German Research Foundation at the Dresden University of Technology Dresden, Saxonia, Germany.|
|06.2003 – 05.2008||Four papers at International Conferences of Power Electronics and Applications.|
|10.2010 – 03.2011||Intensive training course on Project Management in Oldenburg University – Germany.|
|08.2008 – current||Lecturer at Department of Industrial Automation, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam; Deputy Head of Department of Industrial Automation.|
|07.2019 – now||Deputy Secretary-General of VAA|
|Leadership in typical projects||Upgrading and commissioning the UPS system for Thac Ba hydro power plant.
DCS and PLC training for Pepsi Vietnam and Asia Pacific beer manufacture.
Commissioning drive system for Viet Thang paper plant.
Service and commissioning the waste water treament system for Uong Bi thermal power plant.
Tools-machine training and technology transfer for Z111 – Department of Defense.
Service and commissioning the fire protection system for Uong Bi thermal power plant.
Upgrading and commissioning the midle voltage VFD (2x2MW VFD) for Viwasupco (Vinaconex water supply JSC)…
Fundamental of I4.0 for VICEM
Digital transformation for cement manufacturers.
Coordinator “Industry 4.0 Summit 2019”.
Capabilities: Team working, working independently and under compulsion. Capability of presentation and leadership.
Computer skills: MS Word, MSPP, MS Excel, MS FrontPage, MS Project, Latex, Program language, Simulation software (Matlab-Simulink, Ocad-PSpice, Simplorer…), fluently both software and hardware.
Languages: Vietnamese, English and German.
Personalities: Active, high responsible, disciplined, target-oriented, determined, straightforward and friendly.
Hobbies: Meeting people, dealing with different kind of work, taking part in charity and volunteer programs, enjoy reading, travelling.
Visiting countries: Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Germany, France, Poland, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Czechoslovakia, Hungary…
Domestic and international relationship: industrial enterprises (thermal power plant, hydro power plant, cement, paper mill, mining, chemical plant…), international firms (ABB Vietnam, Siemens Vietnam, Yokogawa Vietnam, Honeywell, GE, Danfoss…)
- Manh Cuong Do, T. Hanisch, H. Gueldner, High Voltage Igniter Based on Discontinuous Working Mode of Piezoelectric Transformers – EPE 2005 – Dresden – Germany
- Manh Cuong Do, T. Hanisch, H. Gueldner, „Igniter for HID Lamp Based on Discontinuous Working Mode of Piezoelectric Transformers“ – PEDS – Kuala Lumpur, November/2005
- Manh Cuong Do, T. Hanisch, H. Gueldner, „High Output Voltage DC/DC Converter Based on Parallel Connection of Piezoelectric Transformers“ – SPEEDAM – Taormina – Sicily – Italia, 06/2006
- Võ Duy Thành, Nguyễn Hoàng Thạch, Đỗ Mạnh Cường; “Application of CAN bus in acquiring and displaying distributed data” The 8th National Conference on Mechatronics – VCM-2016
- Đỗ Mạnh Cường, Lê Minh Hà; “Mô hình hoá và mô phỏng bộ biến đổi chuyển mạch mềm kiểu ARCP” Hội nghị Điều khiển và Tự động hóa toàn quốc lần thứ 4, VCCA, 11/2017
- Đỗ Mạnh Cường, Đỗ Nguyên Hưng; “Mô hình hoá và mô phỏng hệ thống tích trữ năng lượng bánh đà FESS sử dụng động cơ đồng bộ từ thông dọc trục AFPM” Hội nghị Điều khiển và Tự động hóa toàn quốc lần thứ 4, VCCA, 11/2017
- Book: “Piezoelectric Transformer Integration Possibility in High Power Density Applications” – ISBN 978-3-940046-85-7 – 2008.