Dr. Vo Tri Thanh is currently the Vice President of the Central Institute for Economic Management (CIEM). He holds a Master degree in Economics and a PhD degree in Economics both from the Australian National University. Dr. Vo Tri Thanh has undertaken extensive research and provided consultation on issues related to trade liberalization, regional economic integration, financial development and macroeconomic policies. His other areas of interests include institutional reforms and economic development.
- Helen Huges Prize for the best Master student at NCDS, ANU (1992-1993).
- United Nation’s Special Prize for policy impact of National Human Development Report 2001 (Co-editor with others).
- 2nd Place Medal for Outstanding Research on Development “Mutual Impact, the Global Economic Architecture, and the Millennium Development Goals” (Global Development Network 2005) (with Trinh Quang Long).
- ANU Award for recognizing the outstanding contribution to the Vietnamese economy, November 2008.
- The Distinguished Australian Alumni Award for 2011.